Re: why upgrade kernel?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: why upgrade kernel?
- From: Matt Zagrabelny <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:23:42 -0500
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20050822191815.GA14870@private>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20050822191815.GA14870@private>
On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 12:18 -0700, Tony Godshall wrote:
> According to Matt Zagrabelny,
> > On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 22:50 -0400, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> > Will newer
> > > versions of some packages eventually need a newer kernel?
> > yes. for instance some desktop stuff is starting to use udev/hotplug.
> > this requires a 2.6 kernel.
> Can you indicate which ones? I'd like to try them.
gnome-volume-manager for one.