Re: xserver-xorg: - Matrox G550 Dualhead woes!

[Brad: I've taken your ISP out of my blacklist - sorry about that.]

On Monday 22 August 2005 00.07, you wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

> > Starting X once with a single head xorg.conf solves the problem: The
> > 'single head' X delivers identical signal to both outputs of the
> > graphics card (even to the point where killing X or switcing back to
> > text mode shows the text mode on both screens). Changing xorg.conf back
> > to the
> > dualhead/xinerama one, it starts fine on both displays.
>
> I have a dual monitor G550 set-up and experienced the same problem.  A
> simple workaround for me was to switch to a virtual console (ie.
> Ctrl-Alt-F1) and then back to X (Ctrl-Alt-F7) -- the second head 'turned
> on' and everything worked as usual until the next reboot.

Nope, doesn't work :-(

Mind sending me your xorg.conf?  (Or are you using XFree86, and this is a
regression?  Still, do mind sending me your XF86Config-4 file?)  Off list,
I think, due to the length and marginal interest to others.  I'll post a
summary if I get results.

cheers
-- vbi

--
WINDOWS stands for Will Install Needless Data On Whole System.