printing a webpage with free tools

Dear all,

I've spent a considerable amount of time today to convert my ancient
and brittle LaTeX CV to restructured text, and to XHTML from
there[0]. Now, faced with the task of printing the CV, I find that
Firefox and Konqueror suck at the task, Opera 8 fails to use
a non-ugly font, and Opera 7 turns out to be the only one capable of
actually printing the pages with the formatting intact.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it really the case that it is
currently not possible to get decent printouts of
standards-compliant web pages with free software?

Other than printing to files from the various browsers, what other
methods could I look at? I am aware that reST can render LaTeX, but
I'd rather use the flexibility of CSS for the formatting, rather
than having to fight with LaTeX over layout issues.

How can I reliably turn XHTML+CSS into PostScript?

0. http://martin-krafft.net/cv
   for the curious, the reST source is linked from the page. Note
   that most of the formatting is done in CSS, which is also linked
   in the XHTML source.

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"Funny how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse
 it suddenly does."
                                                           -- Marvin