Re: how to disable vfat permissions checking?

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:58:51 +0800 using the keyboard as a tool phyrster
crafted these words:

    |- Hi debianers,
    |-
    |- When I use rox to copy a file to a vfat partitoin, I got warning saying
that:
    |-
    |- ---
    |- cp: preserving times for `/mnt/hda1/bennis.pdf': Operation not
permitted
    |- Failed to copy '/home/phyrster/bennis.pdf'
    |- ---
    |-
    |- Of course vfat does not have permission setting like ext3 does. How to
    |- disable this warning with rox? Copying and moving files in terminal
does not
    |- give warning like this.
    |-
    |- Below is an entry in my fstab:
    |-
    |-
    |- # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    |- #--------------------------------------------------
    |- /dev/hdb2 /mnt/hdb2 vfat users,exec,umask=000,iocharset=utf8 0 0
    |-
    |-
    |-
    |-
    |-
    |- regards
    |-
    |- bxuef
    |-
    |- --
    |- dhammapada says:
    |-
    |-   People beset by desire run here and there, like a snared rabbit, and
    |-   those trapped in the bonds of attachments keep returning for a long
time
    |-   to suffering. 342
    |-

Here is mine if it is any help

/dev/hda13 /mnt/win-share vfat rw,user,umask=0,unhide 0 2

Charlie

    |-
    |- --
    |- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    |- with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
listmaster@lists.debian.org
    |-

Registered Linux User:- 329524
Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say: Today itself's too late; the wise
lived yesterday. __________________________________Martial

Trying Linux Debian Sarge