plone vs siteroot -- where's the config?

okay, i need a whap with the clue stick. how do i remove the
configs for zope/plone? "--purge remove" does NOT do the trick.

long version:

	apt-get update
	<yada yada>
	apt-get install plone
	<yada yada, coupla questions, yada yada>

three notices popped up with tips and advice, the last one
including "You must create a "plone-site" instance in Zope"...

	elinks http://localhost:9673/
	<very nice...>

the popup menu, top right, has all kinds of things to create,
let's try "siteroot"...

bad idea, apparently. now instead of my zope, i see the
website i pointed to in the siteroot config.

of course, there's no more siteroot config available, i
only get a 404 from the website instead of zope.

fine, i'll uninstall everything.

	apt-get install slocate
	updatedb

we'll use locate, in a moment. just to be anal.

	apt-get --purge remove zope
	<yada yada>

we all know how well that works, as on occasion there's a trace
left here or there, so we take matters into our own hands:

	locate -i zope | egrep -i '/zope[^/]+$' | sort -r | pager

yup, that sure looks like a good collection of files/dirs to zap.

	locate -i zope | egrep -i '/zope[^/]+$' | sort -r | xargs /bin/rm -rf
	locate -i plone | egrep -i '/plone[^/]+$' | sort -r | xargs /bin/rm -rf

now we should have NO traces of anything related to plone or
zope on the system, right? unless of course a hidden config file
is buried inside some sinister directory or file that has no
relation to plone or zope in the path name...

	apt-get install plone
	<yada yada, coupla questions, yada yada>
	elinks http://localhost:9673/

the siteroot settings are STILL BORKED.

where the hell is the file i need to obliterate?

===

gotta admit, of course, that if i were doing this using rpms or
tarballs, i'd be pulling my hair out for days trying to get the
sucker up and running at all. debian/dpkg/apt is awesome!

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.1;
Linux serensoft.com 2.4.25-1-386 #2 Wed Apr 14 19:38:08 EST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #105 from Michael Perry <mperry@tsoft.com>
:
How can you DELETE OLD MESSAGES IN MUTT?  You can have your
.muttrc set up to automatically do this.  I have my debian
the following to my .muttrc file.  I also have read debian list
messages move after I read them...  This only means I have to
manually enter the old folder for mutt to manage the deletions
for me.
	mbox-hook =spam /home/mperry/oldmail/spamread
	mbox-hook =debianstuff /home/mperry/oldmail/debianread
That moves the read mail to another folder... and then
	folder-hook /home/mperry/mail/spam 'push D~r>10d!~F\n'
	folder-hook /home/mperry/oldmail/debianread 'push D~r>30d!~F\n'
Here it automatically deletes messages older than 30 days. See
the manual (/usr/share/doc/mutt/html) for more info.