Re: hotplugging mouse hassles

Ryan King on 17/08/05 19:30, wrote:
On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 06:13:38PM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
and for a while now the psmouse driver loses synch and goes nuts when I switch the KVM, even though Hotplug should keep it in there, as per this /var/log/messages:

My experience with PS/2, under Linux and Windows, is that it doesn't care
for hotplugging very much.  Possibly it has something to do with physical
connections (such as grounding issues?), or just software.

If you want to hotplug, I recommend USB mice.  I don't know how your KVM
would work in the mix... does it have USB as well?  Maybe you'll just have
to have an army of mice (at least it beats having an army of keyboards,
too).

Actually sometimes I just don't bother doing anything with the mouse and stick to the keyboard, but it makes surfing the web a major pain when the websites aren't set up for it. tab-tab-tab-tab-tab-tab-tab-tab-tab-...

:(