mouse and kvm switch hotplug aaargh!

This has happened to me 3 times now, each time it lasts for about a month, since I upgraded my old Redhat box to Sarge.

The psmouse driver and hotplugging lose synch, as per this /var/log/messages:

Aug 9 15:01:49 gondor kernel: logips2pp: Detected unknown logitech mouse model 86 Aug 9 15:19:20 gondor kernel: psmouse.c: Explorer Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away. Aug 9 15:19:21 gondor kernel: psmouse.c: Explorer Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away. Aug 9 15:19:25 gondor kernel: psmouse.c: Explorer Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away. Aug 9 15:19:25 gondor kernel: logips2pp: Detected unknown logitech mouse model 86

I don't know why it goes AWOL sometimes, and then remains in perfect working order for weeks again. To hazard a guess I'd say it was due to things I installed.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Muchas gracias
Adam

--