Re: On the use of DVD recordable media (was: Re: DVD+R writing problems)

Hi, Brendon.

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

On Aug 17 2005, Brendon Lloyd Higgins wrote:
> Rogério Brito wrote (Sunday 14 August 2005 2:06 pm):
> > Anyway, just out of curiosity: are you able to read all the DVD discs
> > that you burn on regular computer or standalone drives? I have only had
> > success when using DVD-R media, not with the other variants (DVD+RW or
> > DVD-RW; I don't have DVD+R media).
>
> I seem to be able to. My DVD-ROM drive on hdd hasn't complained about any
> of them. I did have some troubles with some lab computers at uni, but I
> believe that to be a different issue entirely. But my test sample isn't
> large enough.

Which portable do you have? I am interested in knowing which Apple laptops
don't have problems reading DVD-RW and DVD+R/W, since my iBook only seems
able to read DVD-R, as I mentioned earlier.

I am quite interested in getting feedback from other users (especially from
those in debian-powerpc) regarding this issue.

> This whole +/- thing is stupid. So, what, now they're going to do it
> again, worse, with HDDVD/BlueRay or whatever? Peh.

I'm unfortunately not up to date with the new technologies that are
coming. If you could describe their differences in a simple way, I'd be
very grateful.

Thanks again for your feedback, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/