Re: changing xdm settings

Ricardo,

Once you have changed your background color, you may find configuring
the actual XDM login window useful.  The XDM man page [1] covers a
number of X resources that will configure how the various widgets in the
login window are drawn.  I believe XDM in Debian
reads /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources.  Also, this project [2] covers some
details of configuring a pretty XDM.

[1]  http://man.linuxquestions.org/?query=xdm&section=0&type=2
[2]  http://www.kaszeta.org/rich/unix/xterminal/