Re: OpenOffice: How can I use fonts installed in X

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:08:19 GMT using the keyboard as a tool Hans-Peter
crafted these words:

    |- Hi,
    |-
    |- I've just installed some Type 1 fonts with type1inst
    |- and mkfontdir. It seems they are recognized by X11.
    |-
    |- But when I start OpenOffice (version 1.1.3 I think,
    |- the one installed with current Sarge stable), I can't
    |- see these fonts. Doesn't OpenOffice/StarOffice use
    |- the fonts, installed on X11, i. e. must I install
    |- fonts separately for OO/SO?
    |-
    |- Peter
    |- --
    |- peter_sulzer doesn't like spam and this is my domain:
    |- t-online.de

As I recall if you install the fonts through defoma you will be able to use
them in OpenOffice. If you install then through KDE font installer you will
also be able to use them in OpenOffice.

Registered Linux User:- 329524
The mass never comes up to the standard of its best member, but on the
contrary degrades itself to a level with the lowest.
.............................Henry David Thoreau

Trying Linux Debian Sarge