Sarge, SASL, and pwcheck

Hi all -

I'm in the process of setting up a new Sarge box.  One of it's roles
will be to act as an authenticating mail server (using exim4).  I was
looking into doing auth'ing with PAM, but that would require having exim
run as root, which obviously is not a good idea.

After reading a little more, the suggestion I came across was to use
SASL authentication through pwcheck.  Here's where the problem comes in
- I can't seem to find the pwcheck binary anywhere.  I saw mention that
cyrus needs to be compiled with support for this - do I need to do this
by hand?  Or does it exist in a package that I haven't been able to
find?

Thanks in advance...

--
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet@code-energy.com