Re: How do I edit UTF-8 encoded files with Emacs?

On 8/12/05, Ryan King <rking@panoptic.com> wrote:

> Shoot 'em to me.  I'd love to help make it a smoother transition.
>
> My broad suggestion is to run vimtutor (it should be installed), and go
> ahead and start learning everything the vim way, such as hjkl for movement,
> etc.  It pays off fairly quickly.

Maybe you have read my mail to Bob in this thread: I have fixed my
emacs problems and I'm now happy again with emacs.

However I very much appreciate your efforts to teach me Vim. I have
learned a lot about it in the last few days.

Thanks a lot for your patience,
Jim