Debian Installation Question

As a followup to this problem I discovered in text mode that I was getting a message on the screen when it beeped. It says found IRQ 5 for device 00:0a.0

ETH0 setting half - duplex based on MII#1 local partner capabiltiy of 0000

Anyone know why this is happening? Is my network card to old?

Thanks for your help.

old message

I am new to Debian and have set up one computer with debian 3.1 and when it boots into the gnome login screen it beeps 3 times in a row but displays the screen correctly. Then after logining in and going into gnome after about 1 minute the screen goes blank and the computer beeps 3 times. If you hit enter the screen comes back and it is fine. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? I have changed out memory and video cards and it still does the same thing.

I have another question, is there a limit on how big a ide hard disk can be with debian 3.1? I am trying to install it on an AMD Atholon 64 bit with the netinst 64 bit disc but it doesn't see my 200GB Harddisk.

Thanks for you help.

Michael Kerwin