Re: madwifi, dwl-G510 and Debian 3.1

Ed Young wrote:
> I'm trying to get a dlink DWL-G510 wifi board working with a Debian 3.1
> system.
> Currently I'm running a stock 2.4.27 kernel.
>
> So far the stock kernel doesn't seem to see the card and reports only
> the
> onboard ETH0 ethernet.
>
> I set this system up using my onboard ethernet as ETH0 but I want to
> settup
> the wireless dlink dwl-g510 card. (rev B) I have it working in the W2K
> Pro side of a dual boot setup.
>
> My questions:
> 1. Do I need to simply recompile the kernel with support for this card?
>    (I couldn't find it in the Ethernet devices section of the config)

Wifi is not the same as Ethernet, so you aren't looking in the correct
section of the config.  Not withstanding that, a two-minute google
search on "Linux DWL-G510" reveals that there are no Linux drivers, but
you can use the Windows drivers with ndiswrapper.

I don't know why people don't google before posting.