Re: lame not in the debian package repository?

Paul Johnson wrote:
But the point still stands, if you want free you use Ogg. If you want wrong, go with MP3.

I really couldn't care if mp3 is free or not, it doesn't cost anything to compile lame and it doesn't cost anything to play back mp3s either, so what's the fuss?

What concerns me more is that ogg offers much better sound quality for the same bitrate/size as mp3. *That* is what's important to me.

Hans