Re: gphoto2 - permissions

On August 14, 2005 04:44, Joan Tur wrote:
> Es Diumenge Agost 14 2005 01:23, en Roy Pluschke va escriure:
> | problem:
> | "gphoto2 -P" (download all pictures) works as root
> | "gphoto2 -P" won't work as regular user -- gives following error
>
> The user has to belong to the right group... but I'm not sure if that group
> is camera and/or plugdev.
>
> Hope that helps  ;)

I have already included the user in the camera and plugdev groups but it makes
no difference.  I did locate this comment on linuxdevcenter.com

I've found that after some Linux upgrade, the
USB library used by gphoto2 was having security
problems and would only run as root. I never
found out why, but the next upgrade made the
problem go away. Any clues ?

perhaps my problem is related.

RJP