Re: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address

On 8/11/05, Joakim Franzen <joakim.franzen@consension.se> wrote:
> One of our servers stopped working at midnight probably during heavy load
> due to several disc intensive cron jobs starting around that time. The
> kern-log managed to collect the following before the server stopped
> working. Any idea if there is a solution.

There's a bug in either your running kernel or one of the modules
loaded into it. I can't help you figure out which one, but kernel
people might be able to. There's a bugzilla for kernel issues at
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/. I don't know the current procedure for
diagnosis / reporting, it might be worth trying to search for some of
the keywords in your dump to see if it's already reported. If not,
consider filing a new one, but first look at some existing reports to
see what information to include.