Re: disk usage of an umounted partition?

Chris Palmer wrote:

If the filesystem is intact, you can also examine other fields (e.g.
s_blocks_count, s_free_blocks_count, s_log_block_size, et c.) to figure
out how much space is used.

Hopefully the original poster won't have to perform filesystem surgery.
:)

Nope! No reconstruction here, I was just wonder if this was possible. As Roberto pointed out my orginal thought that there may be a simple tool to do this doesn't make sense. Thanks Chris for pointed out that it IS possible but requires extreme measures. I hope I never have to experience this first hand!!!