Re: Video card not recognised

David González said...

> Did you search the ATI web site for a driver?

Oh yes. I couldn't find anything, though.

> For the
> refresh rate, I normally solve that issue by editing the XF86Config-4
> file by myself, you have to put the refresh rates that matches your
> monitor.
> For example:
> -----------
> Section "Monitor"
> 	Identifier	"Samsung SyncMaster 793s"
> 	HorizSync	30-70
> 	VertRefresh	50-160
> 	Option		"DPMS"
> EndSection
> -----------
> For my Samsung SyncMaster 793s 17".

Thanks; this worked. By correcting the HorizSync and VertRefresh to
those in the manual, all screen sizes and all refresh rates became
available. What a difference!

Odd how various screen sizes were absent until these two values were
corrected. For example, 1280x1024, which is now available at 60Hz - the
only refresh rate available before the fix - was absent before.

--
Best,
Marc