RE: Request for info/help

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:16:15 +1000, Mark Huff wrote:

> Well, I did some further testing and checking and here is what I come to
> find out.  Debian 2.2 shipped with perl5.004 while Debian 3.0 shipped
> with perl 5.6.1.  From what I can find out, perl5.004 is in no way
> compatible with 5.6.1, and because of the path differences, module
> differences, etc, the upgrade broke.
>
> But who would of thunk that a system showing you it was at Debian 3.0
> would have had the old old perl stuff on it???....No wonder the company
> was having problems....

Can't speak for others, but I would have made same assumption..  If login
says Debian x.y then x.y it is...  It could take days to prove/dis-prove
otherwise...

If I were you, I'd tell them your fee just doubled cause you discovered
serious problems that need to be fixed that they didn't tell you about
originally..

good luck..
mike..