Re: Is it safe to delete all .deb files under "/var/cache/apt"?

Lian Liming wrote:
>      So I wonder if it is  safe to delete all .deb files under
> "/var/cache/apt"?

    Yes.  In fact you can do so with the following commands from apt-get:

   clean - Erase downloaded archive files
   autoclean - Erase old downloaded archive files

    Clean removes them all while autoclean removes old versions while leaving
the most recently installed versions intact.  The only downside is that if you
need to reinstall any package it will need to be retrieved once again from
whateer source you installed it from before.

    HTH.