gui printer configuration

Help please - I'm not sure which package(s) are giving this problem.

I had previously tried unsuccessfully to print to my wife's DeskJet 3420 on her Win98SE using her samba share via my samba client. My lack of success might not be significant in the bug reporting sense.

So I have acquired a DeskJet 1120c and successfully connected it locally. The driver doesn't sem to be too happy rendering transparency but that's another level of problem.

I have successfully used the gui Applications>Desktop Preferences>System Tools>Printing to make the 1120c (on the parallel port) my default printer.

So I activated the samba printer sharing to make my 1120c available to the rest of the family using load printers = yes

The bug I have found is that only the DeskJet 3420 is offered as a share (It isn't even mine!) and there is no DeskJet 1120c shown as one of my shares.

/ect/cups/printers.conf still shows the  3420 as default.

Any ideas, anybody?