Re: Bittorrent can't open some .torrent files

On Monday 08 August 2005 19:59, Björn Lindström wrote:
> Xiaoyang Gu <xiaoyang.backup@gmail.com> writes:
> > I installed bittorrent-gui by apt. When i use it to open some .torrent
> > files, it reports that "got bad file info-". Then i can't download the
> > files announced by the .torrent files. I am sure that the .torrent
> > files are fine because that I can download file just using the
> > .torrent files mentioned above in M$ windows by Bitcomet(an bt client
> > in windows system). What's wrong?
>
> Considering bittorrent-gui is part of the reference implementation of
> BitTorrent, I doubt there would be .torrent files it couldn't handle.
>
> It's possible that the URI you feed to bittorrent-gui actually points to
> some sort of redirection page, which BitComet might handle, while
> BitTorrent doesn't.
>
> Try to download the .torrent file to your file system, and then open it
> with both clients from there..

	hello  Xiaoyang
	As   Björn said download the seed first then open with the torrent client.
All so check out bittornado-gui a lot better client than the stardard
bittorrent-gui.  bittornado-gui give you some control of the up and down
rates.

          all the best

               peter colton