Re: Debian crashes - IPv6 error?

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 11:53:23AM IST, Philipp Röthl
<philipp@roethl.net> incoherently babbled:

> > Either unload the ipv6 module by removing it from /etc/modules or
> > disable IPv6 by editing /etc/modules.conf and uncommenting:
> >
> > alias net-pf-10 off
>
> That is strange: /etc/modules is empty and the mentioned alias line is uncommented
> in /etc/modules.conf.

What does `lsmod` show? Is it mentioning the ipv6 module? It it's not
there, does "grep CONFIG_IPV6 /boot/config-`uname -r`" releal ipv6 as
built in (CONFIG_IPV6=y) or a module (CONFIG_IPV6=m)

I wonder if the ipv6 module is getting loaded as a dependancy for
another module you are using. I've seen the ipv6 module loaded as a
dependancy for some of the specific IPv4 netfilter/iptables modules in
the 2.6 kernel

Did you uncomment the line in /etc/modules.conf before? It's not
uncommented by default

--

Conall O'Brien

http://www.conall.net

GPG Key: http://www.conall.net/gpg/

If Python is executable pseudocode, then perl is executable line noise.