Re: ttf fonts ugly when non-anti-aliased (after -> xserver-xorg)

"Maciek" <mkalisiak@gmail.com> wrote:

|> I've recently installed xserver-xorg that is in unstable.  Everything
|> went smoothly, and everything runs fine.  I just have one small, but
|> terribly annoying  problem now: non-antialiased fonts, possibly only
|> TrueType ones, like "arial", now look ugly.

Are you sure you still have access to your TrueType fonts? When I upgraded to X.org,
I initially lost access to them. This was because in my old configuration file, I was
revised by debconf, even though the xtt module is not used by the X.org server. When I
commented out the relevant line in the Modules section of xorg.conf, and made sure that
the freetype module was being loaded, all returned to normal. There's a small thread
about this on this list from a couple of days ago.

I don't know if the problem you report is the same or different. Is there a warning in
X.org.O.log along the lines of `unable to init fontpath element /.../TrueType'?

Jim