Re: Those disabled goodies in mplayer

Brice Méalier writes:
> Personally I am fine with it and I trust his decisions. At least it works
> like that and does it well.

When did you last upgrade it?  Do you run Unstable?  When I try to install
Mplayer I get this:

  toncho/~ 5 sudo apt-get install mplayer-586
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  or been moved out of Incoming.

  that package should be filed.

    mplayer-586: Depends: libbio2jack0 but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libjack0.80.0-0 (>= 0.99.0) but it is not installable
                 Depends: slang1 (> 1.4.9dbs-4) but 1.4.5-1 is to be installed
  E: Broken packages

Leading to this:

  toncho/~ 5 sudo apt-get install libjack0.80.0-0
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  Package libjack0.80.0-0 has no available version, but exists in the database.
  This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
  never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
  of sources.list
  E: Package libjack0.80.0-0 has no installation candidate

--
John Hasler