Re:SOLVED- *.deb & *.udeb files

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 01:51:00PM +0200, Johan wrote:
Hi list members,

Bit new to Debian.

Up to now I only new and read of *.deb files only.

Now while trying to learn more about Debian I find a lot of *.udeb files on the cd's.

On disc 1 there is 1038 .deb files &  145 .udeb files.

Kindly please what is the difference .. etc.

udeb is a transliteration of micro-deb (since u is the closest Roman
letter to the Greek mu).  They are debs that are used in places like the
installer and do not necessarily meet all the policy requirements that a
normal deb would.  Generally you will never need to mess with them
unless you are making/customizing a Debian installer.

-Roberto

Thanks for puting me in the picture to all respondends.
It seems that .udeb's should rather be left alone.
Regards

--
Johan
Registered Linux User # 330034