Re: Personal Debian mirror

Preston Boyington wrote:
> I have come to the point of needing / wanting my own partial Debian
> mirror (amd64 and i386).  I've been reading about debmirror but when
> I tried it my mirror didn't look quite like what I thought it
> should.  All the packages were dumped into folders under "pool/" and

That is correct.  Packages in the pool may be shared between
distributions.

> folders it created such as "stable", "unstable", and "woody" were
> essentially empty.

Those should contain the Packages and Sources files.  You should be
able to point your sources.list there to retrieve them.

> I was wondering if other people could give me some feedback on how
> they did their mirrors.  What commands did you use and where are
> there some good howto's on doing it as efficiently as possible?

I use debmirror.

debmirror --verbose --progress --source --postcleanup --ignore-missing-release \
    -e http --host ftp.us.debian.org -r debian \
    -d woody,sarge -a i386,ia64 \
    /mnt/mirrors/http.us.debian.org/debian

> Also, since I don't want to mirror the ISO files I was wondering how
> difficult it would be to use something like jigdo to create the
> disks from my own mirror?

The mirror that is created is no different than any other Debian
package depot.  Point to it normally.

Bob