Q re missing rc.local file

Greetings;

I just ran into a bit of a problem caused by the diffs between a RH
install and a debian-3.1 install.

I have a fairly lengthy list of things I've added to
the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, which is softlinked from S99local in the
various rcX.d directories in RH & Fedora and is the last thing
executed before the login screen in a RG/Fedora runlevel 3 boot.

Stuff like a 4 line stanza that sets up and runs my setiathome admin
script before I'm even logged in as any user, so it runs regardless
of the login state of anyone.

So where do I put the 'local' stuff in a debian install?

I could use a short tutorial on the debian setup in re the various
rcX.d directories if someone has the time, or a pointer to a manpage
if there is one.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)