Re: ISO Images from fully installed hd?

Bryan Donlan wrote:
> On 8/3/05, Fernando Cacciola <fernando_cacciola@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Bryan Donlan wrote:

>>> Most of the CDs have rarely used packages, so it's no surprise you
>>> don't have most of them installed.

>>> Install jigdo-file, then run:
>>> jigdo-lite
>>> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/jigdo-cd/debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.jigdo
>>>
>>> When it asks for a directory to scan, give it
>>> /var/cache/apt/packages
>>>
>>> Note that this builds the whole first CD - I don't think jigdo is
>>> available for the netinst images.
>> OK
>> Great!
>> I suppose I shall repeat that with "binary-2" and so on for any CD
>> that
>> matches some of my local packages.
>
> If you do that, any packages you don't already have will be
> downloaded as well.

Ha Ok... I don't want that...
I suppose that there will be packages in the 1st machine that won't make it
to the other.
But of course those will be installed from the internet IFF not on the CD I
guess, which is OK since I do have a good internet connection and I just
want to avoid a lenghtly download.. but if most of the packages come form
the CD and the rest from the net that's OK with me.+

Thanks

Fernando Cacciola