Re: I am getting angry at debian mailing list.

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 02:08:45PM +0100, Randy Orrison wrote:
> On 03-08-2005 05:45, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >On Tuesday 02 August 2005 06:32 pm, John Hasler wrote:
> >
> >>While unsubscription problems are usually PEBKAC, it is a
> >>well-known fact that the instructions sometimes fail.
> >>
> >>BTW, the footer is not present at the foot of your message as
> >I didn't include a signature, however, the instructions are after
> >sig-dashes.  Signatures are not usually hidden by most NUAs and MUAs
> >by default, if you can turn signatures off at all.
> Interesting: using Thunderbird, the footer didn't show on Paul's message
> bug, or should the footer have been included inside the text/plain part
> of the message (but outside the signed part)?
>
> Randy
>

> --

Haven't followed this carefully since my own early post, but the
directions are also nicely embedded in the headers (which is what I
actually use when I'm leaving on vacation, etc. :).

There are several places to dig for information in emails.  Outside the
occasional hiccup in the loop (as was the case here for the OP), people
should get used to digging a bit when the time comes for things like
this.  This is Linux, after all, not some other keep-you-brain-dead OS.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,