Copying Large Files >2Gb to smbfs mount

I've tried Googeling around on this but haven't really found an answer.

I have a debian (Kanotix 2005-3) system from which I'd like to copy
partition images to a NTFS share on a W2K box.  It works well with files
smaller than 2Gb big.  Files 2Gb or larger are simply cut of and terminated
with an error message saying something about file progress being
interrupted.

I thought that the file size limit for NTFS was much bigger than 2Gb.  Is
this maybe a samba limitation?

Thanks for any advice you could give me.

Chris