Re: OT: suggestions of uncapped Broadband >512Kbp in UK

>> > I was with PlusNet for 12 months until the end of June and I didn't
>> > have any trouble at all from them. The only trouble I ever had was
>> > caused by BT cutting the line for a few days... Static IP, uncapped,
>> > with a range of available speeds. Note that you'll always only get
>> > 256 Kbps upstream bandwidth unless you go for SDSL which is very
>> > expensive.
>>
>> FWIW I can highly recommend Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.co.uk) - I have
>> been with them for coming up to 2 years now, and have had zero problems
>> with them.
>> Their technical support staff are great - on the 2 occasions I have had
>> use it (both times it was BT's problem at the exchange end) I have found
>> the staff extremely helpful, polite and knowledgable - they didn't get
>> phased at all when I mentioned that I run Debian with many connections
>> behind my router.
>> The package is static IP, no ports blocked, no bandwidth limits with
>> free
>> webspace/email etc. - all in all I am more than happy with them.
>>
>> HTH.
>>

> mmm their website says 1Gb per month max download (the 14.99 option)...
> or are you talking about this 'FLEX' thing?
>
> Ta, Michael

The FLEX thing ... I migrated from the 512k 20:1 contention product to the
1Mb FLEX broadband and have been getting consitant 115Kb/s download - very
happy with it.
The connection is shared amongst 5 of us (My wife, 3 of my kids and me)
and we use a *lot* of bandwidth between us - so far there has been no
complaints :-)

Cheers