Re: Exim4 + Clamav

On Monday 01 Aug 2005 21:04, Marco Tasinato wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a system with Debian Sarge 3.1 STABLE, MTA EXIM4-DAEMON-HEAVY,
> CLAMAV-DAEMON.
>
> I have the following lines in the exim4 configuration file:
>
> av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
>
>    # Reject messages containing malware.
>    deny message = This message contains a virus ($malware_name) and has
> been rejected demime = *
>      malware = *
>      log_message = MALWARE: $malware_name
>
> In this way clamav intercept the virus, exim4 reject the e-mail message
> without notifying it to the receiver. How can I enable clamav to sent an
> notification e-mail to the receiver when clamav finds a virus and exim
> turns it down???
>
> Thank you very much for your help
> Bye
> Marco

Hello, Marco.

Have you tried looking at MailScanner.

This does precisely what you want and more. You can define who receives what
notifications about which types of "blocking".

It plugs into exim, spamassassin, clamav (or lots of alternatives) and can
even do blocking by file type, file extension, file contents and file name.

I use it at our customer sites because you can't guarantee that your
customer's correspondents are "clean".

Good luck!

--
Por que tem gente que acorda os outros para perguntar se estavam
dormindo?