Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, persall wrote:
> DriveReady SeekComplete Error
that is usually:
a) mixture of ide devices on the same ide cable
- keep cdrom and dvd on its own cable
- keep ata133 devices on a different cable than ata100 drives
- bad ide driver ( aka motherboard )
b) it can be cheap cables vs good ide ata-100 cables that is
NOT stripped into itty bitty strands nor longer than 18"
- throw those round ide cables away
c) your disk could be running hotter than it should be
d) somebody in the food chain "dropped it" ( aka "toss the box
around" ) before you bought it but sold it to you anyway ...
e) if it's the 16GB - 40GB ibm deskstar drives made in thailand, than
throw those drives away ...
f) if you're having disk drive propblems... backing it up now,
will only aggrevate the situation and/or you should be worried
that the backup you just did is correct vs corrupted
- old backup data should never be overwritten with new backups
until you know that the new backup is correct