Re: enable ftp

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 16:34 -0400, Alex Marz wrote:
> > by default, a fresh install of sarge includes the ftp module
> > Yet, I cannot  connect to the server using say cuteFTP.
> >
> > Do I have to enable something on the debian box ?

> My suggestion is to use vsftpd. Running "apt-get install vsftpd" should
> let you install it. After it's installed it's wise to edit
> /etc/vsftpd.conf to your liking. Hope this helps

Didn't occur to me first time I saw your post, but without a 'd' that
ftp is probably just the command line client. I use proftpd myself, but
'most anything ending in "ftpd" will do the job.

cuteFTP, though, is liable to get Microsoft bits in your computer. Be
careful :-)

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com