Re: Qemu ( was vmware )

On Sunday 31 July 2005 07:24, Eric P wrote:
> David Baron wrote:
> > Installed from Sid (got rid of my previous local compiled installation).
> > Now I need to figure out how to use it. I want to try to run Win98, etc.
> > in it.
>
> what is installed on what mounts?

Qemu is installed, normally fron Sid.
There is a win98 installation on a separate disk drive (dual boot).

I have booted Knoppix in Qemu. A console session "knoppix single" can be run.
A KDE session, their script or kdm, will not run. Apparently, dcop fails to
start and there is not sufficient memory left in the ramdisk (where knoppix
CD runs) to go through with it.

The Win98 CD that I have is a upgrade CD and is not bootable. Attempts to run
it after successfully booting a DOS diskette designed to Win98 installations
in qemu fail (and it may not be possible to install "from scratch" into an
image file with an upgrade CD but I would like to have it start and then tell
me so!)