Re: sarge debootstrap missing resolve.conf

Haines Brown writes:
> After running cdebootstrap on a new install of sarge (no kernel yet), I
> found that /etc/resolv.conf was missing.

A long-standing bug.  /etc/resolv.conf should be in basefiles or something
but no package owns it.  Just create it.  It should be owned by root,
writable only by root, and readable by anyone.

> On my old sarge, somehow the /etc/resolv.conf had became a symlink to
> /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf.

The resolvconf package does that.  If you are not using resolvconf you
don't want the symlink.
--
John Hasler