"You have new mail" and maildir

Hello

I use in my config mutt+exim4+procmail+fetchmail

Procmail is adjusted to delivers the mails in my /home directory into
the maildir format.

The matter is that right now when I get a new mail in my box and I log
in in the console I don't have the "You have new mail" notification.
It's strange because bash is able to do it for the maildir format and I
adjust in my bashrc (that I source in bash_profile) "export
MAILPATH=my_box".

Can someone help???

Best regards,

--