Re: printer

On 7/29/05, strawks <strawks@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hi,

On ven, 2005-07-29 at 01:07 -0400, Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> I reinstalled Sarge but this time when I got to Application>Desktop
> Prefrences>System Tools>Printing, I get the message "The CUPS server
> could not be contacted. This did not happen when I had previously
> installed Sarge.  What's the solution. I am trying to configure my
> Samsung 1710 printer. Thanks,
>
> rajiv

Is the package cupsys installed?

No Cupsys was not installed. So I installed it and also restarted it by etc/init.d/cupsys restart. But now the problem is that it does not have the Samsung 1710 driver I am looking for. It had it last time I installed Debian sarge (from the same DVD). Wonder why it's missing this time? What's the solution?

Rajiv