Re: posting with webmail

roach <robert_spencer <at> mighty.co.za> writes:

> On Thursday 28 July 2005 21:23, [KS] wrote:
> > Click on "Reply All" link instead of just Reply and then remove the
> > sender's email so that you just send the reply to debian-user.
>
> I  also though that was the answer, until I read the OP's question again.
>
> "reply to a thread"
>
> I think he wants to know how to keep the question/answer in a thread. I've
> noticed before that some people can't keep a thread.

yes, you are correct, Robert. The problem is that "mailto" links don't don't
work in many webmail programs (because there is no "mail client" as such).
Usually it's not a problem, you just copy paste the email address. But this list
seems to rely on the "in reply to" field to track the thread, and there is no
way to do that that I've found.

I'm using gmane to post now, we'll see how that works out.