Re: playing contained mp3-files

On 7/28/05, Florian Dorpmueller <dorpmueller@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >Okay, I have found a m3u.shtml file which seems to be a script that
> >redirects
> >to an actual m3u link... and that was then actually opened in XMMS
> >(the application
> >i have configured Firefox to open m3u files in).
>
> And will xmms play it directly by starting it from the Firefox window? Thats
> the point where my problems are beginning. On my system xmms crashes here.
> But when I save the m3u.shtml file on the disk an load it manually into xmms
> outside of Firefox everything works. But this is circuitous.
>
> Flori

Hmm, XMMS seems to time out while trying to stream the file... with
Amarok it works though (used to be the other way around...)

What I did is write a trivial script called amarok-append.sh:

#!/bin/sh
amarok -a -p "$@"

I have configured Firefox to open .m3u files with that script. Their content is
appended to the playlist "-a" and then played "-p". I also have the same
script for XMMS, but as I said XMMS doesn't work for me either with this link...

cheers,
Christian