playing contained mp3-files

I would like to get sound from a contained mp3 file. The container is named m3u.shtml and can be downloaded from anywhere in the internet. It contains a normal URL like http://81.176.74.27:80/u/uizmp_yozxp/7996_~_hsld_nv_blfi_gvzih_(drgs_gsv_xzgslorxh)/61438/16253683/05-new_house_of_the_pope.prev.mp3.

The effect on my computer is that when I click on the container URL in Firefox kaffeine or xmms (due to my configuration) are starting but they will not play the mp3 file. xmms even chrashes when I try to force it by clicking the start button. In comparism when I download the container file and open it manually (e.g. with xmms) then I get the required sound.

Can anybody give me a hint how to enable the players to play the sound file directly within Firefox? Thanks for helping me.

Flori