Re: Sharing the internet connection with XP

At 17:57 2005-07-27, you wrote:
On 7/27/05, Björn Johansson <bjorn.johansson@4a-consulting.com> wrote:

> I have now rebooted the Powerbook and I have also restarted the network
> connection between the PC and the Powerbook.
> The odd thing right now is, when I try this line:
>
> route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev eth0
>
> It just brings upp the arguments for the route command. What happened?
> Do you know?

No, send current output of ifconfig.

> The internet connection with the PC still works, no problems.
> And the connection from the PC to the Powerbook still works through
> ftp.
>
> Btw. the route command doesn't report anything right now..

Strange, if FTP works it should at least print the route to your PC,
something like:

192.168.0.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0

cheers,
Christian

Recently I changed the IP address on the switch so it is using 192.168.0.5
and 255.255.255.0 as a network. It doesn't seem to be a gateway address
configured at this time and it don't work using the route command. I have
rebooted the Linux system several times because I tried to use DHCP
instead and I couldn't deactive it..

Anyway, what happens now is that if I ftp: ftp.debian.org, it brings up the
IP numbers and it says it can't connect. The connection is sleeping for
20 seconds.

I will not do anything more at this time until I get more information on how
to fix this. My theory here is, if I managed to fix the gateway on the Linux
system, everthing "should" be alright. I don't think I have done anything
wrong in the Windows system, then of course, I can't be 100% that I
didn't accidently change something, but I don't think so.

Greetings
Björn