Re: sshd freezed on my (@#$%&^*!)

  kk> Do you have any firewall installed between the your machine (at
  kk> home) and the server? Then that could be the problem. My guess is
  kk> that ssh connection is automatically disabled after certain period
  kk> of inactivity.

That's definitely not the problem.  In fact, the odd thing is that it
almost always happens right in the middle of me typing in Emacs.  I type
very quickly, and I'll be typing along and in the split second before
the freeze it kind of feels like I get a very short hiccup or two; the
last two or three characters before the freeze seem to display a bit
more slowly... then bang: the entire session is hung.

On the other hand, I can leave the thing running and watch TV and go to
bed and come back 9 hours later and it's still just fine.

Very odd.  I wish I could figure out a way to see what that SSHD on the
remote system is actually doing.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools