From: Gerard Ceraso [mailto:gerard@devslash.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 July 2005 3:22 p.m.
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Any recomendations on C/R spam tools for Debian

Rishi wrote:

>Hi
>
>I plan to setup a Mail Server for a customer and was planing to use
Debian as
>the OS.
>
>Any recommendations for C/R spam tools available for me to plugin?
>
>I just downloaded spamresponder and was trying to figure out how to use
/
>integrate into the system...
>
>http://www.thinknerd.org/~ssc/wiki/doku.php?id=spamresponder
>
>Regards
>
>Rishi

It depends mostly on what smtp server you are using. I would suggest
postfix with amavis-new controlling spamassassin and clamav or some
other anti-virus software. Also, with postfix you can do many tweaks to
force strict envelopes. You can even use something like maia mailguard
to let your users to choose their settings.

Gerard