Re: NFS problem with debian installation

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Michael Gass wrote:

I am having a problem with a debian install using nfs and a floppy boot.
I am trying to install woody (bf2.4 flavor) on an old 486 with 24M ram
(Compaq Prolinea 4/66).  I am using PLIP as the machine has no network
card and no cdrom.
<.....>
  "nfs: server 192.168.1.1 not responding, still trying"

Sure sounds familiar.  What I did was to set up the host as an ftp or http
server and all was well, I think the latter easier to do than the former.