Re: how to mount an image file ( .img ) in a loopback - mount -o loop ?

2005/7/25, tripolar <tripolar@comcast.net>:
> I backed up a 72Gig partition from a failing harddrive into an image
> file badpart.img
> How can I mount that image file in a loopback ( ? ) device?  mount -o loop
> Any help would be appreciated

First you could create a mount point, for example:

# mkdir /media/images

or you could use too /media/floppy or /media/cdrom, but it is better
to have different mountpoints. Next:

# mount -o ro,loop,nodev,noexec,noatime /path/to/file.img /media/images

You could use other options with -o, check the man of mount : )

Cheers,
Sergio

--
"Meine Hoffnung soll mich leiten