used dd_rescue to image a partition of failing harddrive-unable to mount badpartition.img using -o loop

Hello
I have a failing harddrive so I did #dd_rhelp /dev/hdc7
/mnt/hdb1/120part7_rescue.img
I saved that image ( 72G ) on a new hardrive
/mnt/hdb1/120part7_rescue.img I then pulled out the failing harddrive
and replaced it with a new harddrive /mnt/hdc . I have tried to follow
these directions " Then run fsck on the image you have created, mount it
loopback (|mount -o loop /mnt/hdb1/hda1_rescue.img /mnt/hda1 | in my
case) and then browse through it and recover the files you need. "
located at http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/wlg/5205
First I am unable to run any kind of fsck on the .img . I think the
original parttition was reiserfs.
Then I went on to try "mount -o loop 120part7_rescue.img /mnt/hdc1/" I
get "Unknown error 990"
"mount -o loop -t reiserfs 120part7_rescue.img /mnt/hdc1/" and get this
error
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0"
Anyone with ideas of what I am doing wrong Please help me out.
Thanks!!