Re: Samsung 1710 printer

> On Saturday 23 July 2005 10:35 pm, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>> Rajiv Vyas:
>>> Is there an "apt-get" driver for ML 1710? If not, what's the easiest way
>>> to get this working with Sarge.
>>
>> If you want to run CUPS you need foomatic-filters-pppd. That includes a
>> PPD file for your printer. PPD files are something like "drivers" for
>> CUPS (I am not sure about correct terminology here).
>
> My experience with the 1710's cousin, the 1740, was that only the CUPS install
> program from Samsung made it work.

I just picked this thread at this point. If you're using kde, it's as
simple as using the kde control center and choosing to add a printer; a
wizard will guide you (you'll see the choice of ML-1710).

Brendan -- I also have the ML-1740. Where did you get the CUPS install
program? I'm using the ML-1710 driver, which I set as in the previous
paragraph, as the ML-1740 is not listed. Things work, but not optimally,
so info on using the actual ML-1740 driver would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Sebastian P. Luque